DiagnosTechs is a dynamic company that is in a strong season of growth while making significant investments in technology and expertise. We are interested in professionals who want to take their career to the next level. Our work culture values personal respect, open dialog, and the tireless pursuit of progress.
Career opportunities with DiagnosTechs include laboratory, research and development, medical support, and administration. Our lab and R&D associates gain experience with the latest technology and techniques to propel career growth.
Administrative opportunities include client service, accounting, marketing and logistics. Review our current employment opportunities below. If you’re interested in joining DiagnosTechs but don’t see a current opportunity, please send us your resume with your professional interests, and we will add you to our talent network to be considered to future openings.
Located in Federal Way Washington and founded in 1987, DiagnosTechs is a pioneer and leader in saliva-based testing. Our top goals are to improve patient health, provide high–quality lab testing, and use samples collected noninvasive and without trauma to the patient. Saliva testing is a powerful tool for evaluating stress, hormone-related disease and health conditions, especially over time. Our high–caliber employees and cutting-edge technologies have enabled us to continue to expand and improve our diagnostic testing repertoire. Our commitment to assisting healthcare professionals in restoring patients’ health and wellness is unsurpassed with nearly 500,000 specimens tested per year.
CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGIST/TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR
Under the direction of the Director of Microbiology, the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Manager, this position will oversee the daily operations of a busy clinical and research microbiology department.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Oversee routine test performance, including specimen preparation, processing and testing
- Monitor the recording and reporting of test results
- Maintain a quality control program and acceptable levels of analytic performance appropriate for the laboratory tests performed, and ensure performance is maintained throughout the entire testing process
- Resolve technical issues and ensure that the correct remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been completed and the test system is functioning properly
- Perform verification of test procedures, as directed
- Review intermediate test results or worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results and preventive maintenance records
- Perform and document instrument maintenance and function checks
- Assess test performance through testing of internally blinded samples and samples received for external proficiency testing
- Monitor preparations for laboratory surveys/inspections by WA DOH, Joint Commission, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate professional demeanor and portray company core values to healthcare providers and coworkers
- Exhibit strong personal management skills, including time management, planning, organizing and delivery of results
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
- Communicate effectively in person and over the phone
- Demonstrate skill in reviewing, compiling and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Be patient, friendly, and outgoing
Minimum education & experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology or closely related field
- M(ASCP) certification or equivalent.
- 10+ years of handling high complexity testing within the specialty of Microbiology including the subspecialties of Bacteriology and Mycology.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and a cover letter with “Clinical Microbiologist/Technical Supervisor” in the subject line to email@example.com
NO CALLS FROM RECRUITERS OR TEMPORARY AGENCIES PLEASE.
This position is direct hire only.
DiagnosTechs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a participation in the company sponsored life insurance, 401K and flexible spending accounts, as well as paid vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave.